Video Marketing from Swan Publishing
If you’re not using video content, you’re missing out on a huge marketing opportunity. When you post an online marketing video to a website, you have a great chance of engaging with a busy potential customer who is specifically looking for your services.
- Social video generates 1,200 more shares than text and images combined.
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users.
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that has published a poor quality video.
- Video on landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% more year-on-year than organisations without video.
- Native video uploads to Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to shared YouTube links.
- 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversations than any other content.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
- 4.8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video compared to 2.9 for those who don’t.
- YouTube is 11.3 x bigger than Facebook in terms of hours viewed both on the web and in-app.
- 90% of twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- 74% of millennials find video helpful when comparison shopping.
- 40% of consumers state that video increases the chance they’ll purchase a product on their mobile device.
- ‘How to’ searches on YouTube are up 70% year on year.
- 4 times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Statistics provided by: blog.hubspot.com 2016
1. Show your personality
The chances are you’re not the first to be doing what you do – so the number one challenge is standing out from your competitors. People love to learn about the personality of a brand by getting a glimpse behind the curtain.
2. Explain what you are doing
You may think that people are aware of the obvious benefits of your product or service but don’t jump into marketing what makes it awesome before providing the basic information. Take a look at your product or service as if you know nothing. Then take that story and tell it to everyone else.
3. Add some value
Give your audience a good reason to give up a moment of their time to watch your video. Tell a great story, show how it solves a problem, give them an insider reward such as a voucher code or clickable link to a free trial.
4. Tell a story (that goes somewhere)
Plan your story well, and look beyond video one. Make sure you leave your viewer with something to do. There should be a call to action at the end of every video even if you set an expectation that another video will follow.
5. Get it out there
Firstly give it a great title so that people choose to watch it and find it easily. Try using hashtags in your title to ensure you’re getting found with the right keywords. Carefully choose the right thumbnail for your video. Export your video to more than one platform to maximise your audience.
Statistics and tips provided by: blog.hubspot.com 2016